March Madness

March Madness

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Family Traditions

Good Friday in my family has always meant going to the steps in Mt Adams and praying the rosary up the steps to the most beautiful church on top of the hill! As a child I used to have a bit of an embarrassing tantrum about having to do, what I thought in my young mind, was "like 5 whole hours of praying!" The older I got the more I have appreciated this very special tradition - so much that now I have continued the tradition with my family! I have prayed the steps on Good Friday every year since I was 2. It really is very special!



These pictures were taken in 1999 with my mom, sisters, and I praying the steps!


The praying of the steps begins at 12:01 Friday morninh and lasts until 11:59 Friday night. In the past my family has gone sometime during the afternoon, but more recently, Joe and I have started a tradition where we get to Mt Adams around 5:00 am. We go for a run around Mt Adams, then pray the steps, then go out to breakfast, then head to work! It is so special to reach the church right as the sun is rising over the city!





We got to go to breakfast downtown this year before dropping Joe off at work!







No comments:

Post a Comment