March Madness

March Madness

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Little Surprises and Blessings!

Our family would like to share that I am pregnant and we are welcoming a new baby into our family in June!! We are beyond excited and can't wait to meet the little nugget this summer!!


We found out about this exciting news back in October and had the joy of sharing the news with our families at Thanksgiving! Jack got to wear this cute shirt given to us by our friend Shane! He had it on at The March house for quite awhile before we ended up pointing it out!


We went to our 20 week appointment yesterday for an ultrasound and feel so blessed to say that the baby looked perfect! We will make the gender a surprise again like we did for Jack - the ultimate and perfect surprise!! 


(Haha we are getting a second opinion about the whole sibling thing!)

Jack has been so adorable lately learning about the baby! Every baby he sees while we are out, or even reading books, he points and says "baby, baby!" He gets so excited and even squeals after shouting "baby!"  He has also learned to point at my stomach and say "baby, baby" and give my stomach a kiss! It melts my heart! He lifts his head up a few times everytime he nurses just to touch my belly and remind me there is a baby in there! I CANNOT wait for him to meet his sister/brother and for him to just be the coolest and cutest older brother! 


Joe and I have been excited since the day we found out! I have had a few tiny moments where I stay in Jack 's room a little longer before putting him to bed just to cuddle him and whisper in his ear that he will always be my baby. To hold onto those moments of being the mom to just one child! I have even cried a few times (I'm hormonal!) to Joe about how much I love just being Jack's mom and not being ready for that to change or not being sure if my heart is capable of loving another child as much as I love Jack (which I've been told and have seen through the many moms I look up to that it IS possible) but some days it just doesn't seem possible! 



Then I remind myself that another child means another wonderful, beautiful baby for us to cuddle, a sibling for Jack to play with, a sibling relationship for Joe and I to watch develop, another opportunity for Joe and I to experience parenting a different child with a different personality, and the chance for our love to grow and sure enough it will grow, and is growing, big enough to love another baby! 

My pregnancy has been going pretty smoothly! I am lucky to say I have been less sick this time around then I was with Jack! I'm starting to show a little and quickly running out of clothes that fit me! But overall have been enjoying being pregnant again! I can't say I love love being pregnant like some moms talk about, but knowing the end result could be even a fraction as cool as Jack makes it all worth it! I'm still running a lot through this pregnancy and plan to as long as I can - that sure keeps me feeling somewhat normal and sane as I work through all the changes my body throws at me! Bring on the second half I'm ready for you (I think..) 



June just can't come soon enough! We love you so much already Baby March #2!!


No comments:

Post a Comment