March Madness

March Madness

Friday, February 12, 2016

Our Everyday

I want to be sure to remember these days. The days when things are so easy, lazy days can be the norm, the kids are in a great place, I truly enjoy my work days (but of course like my days home better), the kids still go along with whatever schedule and activity I decide for the day - life in our home is truly wonderful! 


I have been told, and believe, I will look back on these days very fondly. You can never get the quiet winter days home with your kids back and for each day I have I am grateful! I only have a few more years until school schedules, sports  and play dates may consume us and I will hold onto these days as tight as possible!

 

As I laid in bed this morning snuggled up with my 2 babies, too cold to leave the bed and without a reason to, I thanked God for mornings like today. I got to lay there nursing my babies and watching them hold each other's hands - a mother is what I was meant to be!


We spend our days together playing at home, doing crafts, visiting the bookstore, library, museum, zoo, parks, walks and friends houses. We like to lay around in the mornings on some days while Elisabeth naps and other days I put her in the baby carrier and she sleeps on the go. We like to head home sometime between 11 and 1 for long cozy afternoon naps. During naps I like to cook, straighten the house, watch a show, read a book, blog, or catch up on a little work. After naps on nice days we may head out to the park but colder days
we like to play inside and wait for Papa to come home!! We recently created a reading corner upstairs in one of the bedrooms - it's become a new favorite hangout!


I feel like we have a great balance right now of activity, time with friends, time with our families and time just home with the kids. We make time for religion, we make time for exercise and we make time to be together! There isn't anything in my life I would change right now.  Taking time to reflect on our everyday and what my life looks like right now makes me even more grateful.  Many years from now I may have clear memories of the big events but I worry I may forget all the simple times in between. The good and the bad that keep me growing and learning as a mom. The giggles and sounds that my kids make, the temper tantrums that happen each day, the endless questions jack asks, the excitement we all get when joe pulls in the driveway, the imaginative play I am so lucky to be surrounded by, the baby handprints on the glass window, the amazed look on their faces when we go new places - All of these are what keep life entertaining. Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to be a Mother. 











1 comment:

  1. An ordinary day is a gift and holds some of my favorite memories of when my kids were little! It's beautiful to see how you enjoy life with your family!

    ReplyDelete