March Madness

March Madness

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween Festivities

October flew by and was full of costumes, travel and Halloween fun! The kids were of course really into Halloween this year since they are getting older and Jack declared "Halloween is the BEST day of the whole year!" All of October he spent preparing his Captain Hook costume, learning about Captain Hook and Peter Pan, wearing his costume and using the hook as a hand most of the month. Then Halloween night rolled around and right as we were getting dressed he changed his mind and asked to be T-Rex! The awesome dinosaur costume my mom made was ready to go so we didn't mind but it made me laugh at the mind of a 4 year old! Elisabeth wanted to be a doggy again and loved every minute of it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We celebrate a few birthdays in October - 2 very important ones being Joe's and Opas!


 
 
For Joe's birthday he went on 2 special dates with Jack - the Peter Pan play and bowling! Jack hadn't been bowling before and this treat was also part of a stop thumb sucking incentive! The boys had so much fun at these 2 outings and Joe said it really made his birthday week special!

 

 

 

 

We have been putting our foot down a bit with discipline this month and have started some positive/negative behavior charts that seem to be making life a little calmer and more controlled! 

 

 
 


 
 
We attended a nice cousin wedding in Cleveland last weekend and had a great time together with Joe's family!


 
 
And we got to finally meet our beautiful niece Therese! We all just fell in love with her she is so sweet!!

 

 

 

 

And to wrap up October was the always wonderful annual Halloween party at The Rickes! We love trick or treating in their neighborhood and enjoying the holiday with the family!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can't stop laughing at this picture of Oma and Opa 😂 

 

And a pregnancy update: stef snapped this picture of me which perfectly captures my everyday! Always walking, always loving time with my kids, and most often having an extra kid in tow! I am 33 weeks (and feel a little more like 38 weeks). I am still running and feel pretty good but definitely slowing down in many areas! I am starting to nest around the house and wanting little projects done. I am beginning to count down and have to catch myself to not wish away these last 8 weeks of time with my 2 littles! I love when Elisabeth asks each night at bedtime "that baby coming out yet?" and then trying to stick her finger as far into my belly button as she can to "give the baby just a little rub."  Sleeping is getting a little tougher at this stage but I still feel like I have some energy I need to hold onto! With all the holidays coming up this last part of my pregnancy is going to fly by! Hello November!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment