March Madness

March Madness

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Saint Nicholas Day!









Saint Nicholas Day has always been one of my favorite holidays and since Joe and I have been together I have encouraged him to leave his shoes out for Saint Nicholas to visit him as well! My Mom has always made the holiday such a special one and even to this day, after we have all moved out, she still delivers us adorable themed Saint Nicholas packages!  This year the theme was socks.  Joe, Jack and I were all gifted with adorable new, warm socks for the winter! 

 

This is what Saint Nicholas left for Joe and Jack when he visited our house! One year when my sisters and I were younger St. Nick brought us each a pair of our own wooden shoes from Holland so that we could take them with us and continue the tradition!
 

This is the adorable package my mom delivered! It is a beautiful German tradition that I am excited to pass on to my kids! We used to spend so long the night before the Feast of Saint Nicholas writing him notes saying "we are so sorry for our very messy room and we hope you will still leave us nice treats even though we didn't have time to clean up our mess" it actually worked although St. Nick usually asked us in his return note to "please work on getting that room clean by Christmas."

 

On St. Nick day Jack and I made a trip to Dayton to visit Omi and Opa Bill! It turned out to be a very snowy day so we helped decorate for Christmas in Omi's cozy house! Of course we had to make it a fun and silly day with Jack! Jack looks so grown up riding his first deer! 

 
Jack all bundled up ready to take on the snow storm! 


Dad even got to leave work early because the weather was so bad and the city just shuts down! We ended up getting about 7 inches of snow and it was just so relaxing spending the evening watching out the window as the snow fell. We even bundled up and went for an evening family walk! Just a perfect perfect day! Even Roxie loved the snow!! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment