March Madness

March Madness

Friday, January 27, 2017

A Quiet and Relaxing January

This year has gotten off to a relaxing start! We've spent cozy days at home and have had very low key weekends - it's been wonderful! Lots of playing, inventing games and creativity happening around here! 

 

 

 

 

 


Sometimes the kids prefer to eat breakfast standing at the counter! 


 
 
While playing at the park joe started showing off his muscles and did some pull-ups on the monkey bars. I then told Jack I would try and I failed miserably..ha but As Jack watched me struggle (big time!) he said "it's ok mama you are strong enough!"

 

 

While working on a project together I pulled out the hot glue gun and explained to Jack what it is.  After telling him all about it he responds:  "Oh mama we just don't say guns in our house. You could call it a hot glue fire scope!"

 

What are you up to Jack?
"I'm building the Hudson avenue building that we own"
What do we do in that building 
"We fix toys and it's right on our street!!"

 

 

I have started a sticker chart for the kids to help them leave their blankies upstairs all day and to stop carrying them around. I told jack at the end of each week he gets to pick a prize when/if he has filled up each day with a sticker. I told him to think hard about what prize he wants after the first week and he said "I would like to make a cheetah mask with Papa! Can that be my prize?" (For now I'll let Jack decide the prize because I was for sure going to take him to the store to buy something!!) Elisabeth does not like to be left out so they made her an elephant mask! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment