March Madness

March Madness

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Welcome Josefine Rose!

It’s a Girl!! We are so excited to welcome and announce our newest addition Josefine Rose! We could not feel more blessed this Christmas season! Josefine was born on Thursday December 21st at 8:52pm. She weighed 7lb 15oz And was 21 3/4 inches long. She is absolutely perfect!

 

 


 
 
 

 


 
 
 

Had to snap some quick pictures before leaving my 2 babies for the hospital!

 

 

Josefine entered the world quickly! I took a hard hilly long walk with my friend Kelly on Thursday morning and when I came home I was a little more crampy then I had been days before. I informed joe that he might want to leave work that day with things wrapped up. Around 9am my water partially broke at home and so I knew, even though contractions hadn’t started, that I would have to be admitted To the hospital due to higher risk for infection. So I waited until 11am and called my doc and she told me to make my way into hospital. From 9-11 I was running around like crazy packing a bag, cleaning the house, making some food for the kids for the next few days and getting some last minute laundry done! I think I was suddenly overwhelmed and not feeling ready! Joe and I headed to the hospital and they confirmed my water had broke and that I would be staying in the hospital until that baby came! They told me they would need to start a pitocin drip 8-10 hours after water broke if contractions weren’t starting on their own. For the next few hours joe and I walked those hospital halls and I did so many squats to try to start contractions. Around 4:30pm they started a small pitocin drip, 5:30pm I was measuring 3cm and was starting to feel contractions, and at 8:52pm after an intense and fast natural labor/birth, Sweet Josefine came flying into the world! Stefanie made it for the last hour of labor and the birth and my mom was on the elevator just minutes away while Josefine was born (since i encouraged her to Hang at Home and get my kids to bed because I thought it would take much longer than it did..) I am so grateful for all of their support in the labor process and I definitely needed Joe and Stefanie there to keep me strong and motivated during labor. 

 

 


The kids came the next morning to meet her and they were so excited!! (Well my Mom said Elisabeth kept saying “I’m not ready to go yet” and Jack kept telling her how exciting of news he had about the new baby!) Once at the hospital they were both so in love with her and had many questions and comments to
Make about their new baby sister!

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment