March Madness

March Madness

Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Norm

 

I captured this picture last night at dinner because it was just everything I want to remember! This is a glimpse into our norm. We usually eat soon after joe walks in the door , my plate is typically empty way before anyone else because I eat super fast and like my food piping hot, joe is the slowest eater because he is always tending to someone other than himself (holding a baby, feeding a child, blowing on a kids food because it’s “too hot”), Elisabeth is often pant-less, the table is often covered in clutter that doesn’t belong in the dining room and there is lots of chatter and story telling. Dinner time is perfect - it’s a time when our parenting is tested and often requires a lot of patience.  it’s a time when joe and I are itching to chat with each other and catch up but we are realizing we should just wait until later. It’s a time when I can sit back and watch the kids replay the day to Joe. It’s our family time and I am grateful for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment