March Madness

March Madness

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Carmel Half Marathon!

 I'm always training for something and this time it was a half marathon!  I had another amazing training cycle of months and months of workouts and runs with the SFM crew!  Our running group just keeps growing and adding such talent!  I am forever grateful for the way they push me and challenge me, support me and provide so much friendships and fun!!

A group of us ran the carmel half/full marathon.  I decided to bring Elisabeth along with me to stay with my friend Katie and her family.  It was so fun to share my excitement for the race with Elisabeth, have her there to cheer me on and let her have time to visit with one of my dearest friends!

I have previously run a 1:35.08 half marathon.  My goal was to break that time.  I was so excited to start the race and realize I was feeling good and the weather was perfect and today was the day I broke my personal best time! I ended up running a 1:33.46 (7:09/mile) time.  I was so proud of myself and amazed that all my hard work paid off!! 

What a perfect day it was!!












No comments:

Post a Comment