March Madness

March Madness

Friday, December 20, 2019

The Season of Giving

Each year (just like my mom did when I was a kid) I take my kids to the dollar store to buy one thing for their siblings. It’s so interesting each year to watch their understanding of giving develop. It’s been a hard task for the kids under 5 to grasp the concept and not want to buy something for “my sibling” that really is their own dream toy 🤣. 



I helped (very much guided) josefine this year in her gift for Jack and Elisabeth 

Elisabeth picked out a very boyish gift for Jack but could not put down the princess puzzle that she swears josefine will just love to do with her help 😉

Jack totally got it this year! He brought his backpack in to hide his findings (I had to clear things up with store manager when they started to think he was stealing). He ended up getting Elisabeth an accessory for her doll and he got Josefine a crown. He didn’t once ask for my help or opinion. He didn’t once try to convince me that the girls would just love a toy that actually he would love. This was all new for him this year and it was so sweet to watch his independence and confidence in the store. He carefully counted his 2 dollars and 14 cents out before we left for the store. He picked out his gifts and he waited in line patiently to pay. 



Following the gift shopping we went to see the live nativity at Krohns Conservatory. This is always one of our favorite traditions (one I also did as a kid) and it reminds us what this season is really all about. What a peaceful outing 








No comments:

Post a Comment