March Madness

March Madness

Monday, December 2, 2019

Welcome Charlotte Marie!

We are so excited to announce the birth of our 4th baby!! Charlotte Marie joined our family on Wednesday November 6th at 10:20pm. She weighed 8 lbs 13oz and was 21.5 inches long. She is the most beautiful addition and we all fell instantly in love! 














































Charlotte made a quick entrance when I was 39 weeks and 2 days. We were hanging out at home on a Wednesday evening and as we sat down to dinner around 6:45 I wasn’t feeling that great. I excused myself and went upstairs and started cramping a little. At 7:15pm I thought I had my first contraction so I contacted my mom and said I might be in labor so be ready to come over but it may be false so I’ll let you know how it progresses in the next hour. By 7:20 I told joe I wanted to get Josefine in bed If this was labor. I nursed josefine from 7:20-7:30 and that was the turning point. My contractions got so intense and close together. By 7:30 joe took over putting josefine down and he had just finished getting bags packed and cleaned up from dinner. I came downstairs and at 7:35 I had another few really intense contractions and then I fainted in the dining room. At that point joe and I knew my mom was on her way over so we just set older kids up with a show and left. My mom was about 10 minutes away. We arrived at the hospital and I was checked at 8pm and I was only 3 cm. My doctor arrived at 8:30 and checked me again and I was 6cm and then I was determined to get an epidural this time around. So at 9pm the anesthesiologist arrived and doctor whispered to him that I was 9cm at that point but set on epidural so he quickly did that and by 9:15 doctor told me to hold off pushing and just relax for 30 minutes. It was truly the best decision I made. My natural births in the past have been amazing and I’m sure I could have done it again but this time around I was not as interested. I was a bit of a head case and stressing about the speed of everything. After the epidural kicked in Stefanie joe and I relaxed together for 45 minutes and it was so wonderful. It was the first baby we welcomed in a very relaxed way. I’m so grateful for that experience. Charlotte entered the world at 10:20pm that Wednesday night and it was absolutely perfect! I am so grateful for my doctor and my families support. Each of my babies have had a completely different birth story but Dr. Heidi has been such a strong support of me through them all - she is amazing and I have so much trust in her! Joe was a champ this time and I’m grateful for our final moments together before baby Charlotte arrived. We laughed together and enjoyed having a moment of calm and quiet. Stefanie and my Aunt Tina were there that evening to love on me and I’m so grateful for that part of the story as well. 











Aunt Tina, Quincy and Helene were able to visit on Thursday morning before they left to go back to New Zealand. Charlotte you came  right on time! It was so special to introduce them to our new baby!















The kids came up to visit the baby on Thursday. We took jack out of school a little early so they could all meet her at the same time. They were all smiles and so proud to be big siblings again! I will never forget the moments of them meeting her! The excitement and screeches that came out of Elisabeth’s mouth, the pride in Jack’s eyes and the loved and cuddles from Josefine. They all took her in in their own ways and it was so special and memorable. 





The very first time Jack looked at Charlotte she smiled and it brought tears to my eyes. I will always cherish this moment. He asked me to print this picture and he brought it to school to show his class. Such a proud big brother












 
Welcome to our family beautiful Charlotte Marie! You are such a miracle and we could not be more thankful for you! You’ve got some super cool older siblings that will teach you all you need to know and love you dearly 

No comments:

Post a Comment